Finnish Translation Project
Created 0900 Friday 20th March 1998
If you are doing translation work - please check this page regularly.
We do not want you to waste effort doing what someone else is doing.
This page is for those helping Robin and each other, with translation into Finnish.
Sending e-mail to others with an interest in Finnish
Please do not abuse the fact that you may e-mail these people.
Jukka Salo 602510N0250570E Kerava north of Helsinki.
More helpers wanted ! :-)
Work in Progress
Robin has set up this page to avoid duplication of work.
We need a translation of TRANSLAT.TXT to Finnish.
Jukka has been sent a copy of TRANSLAT.TXX
We must agree who wants to start test translation of .WAV files.
How to test GPSS speaking Finnish
The simple way to test GPSS speaking Finnish is as follows:
LANGUAGE.CFG in c:\gpss04 will make GPSS.EXE in \gpss04 use c:\Finnish.
- create a directory c:\Finnish and sub-directory c:\Finnish\tmp
- copy GPSS04A.EXE & GPSS04B.EXE into c:\Finnish and run both to create a baseline GPSS running system. English WAV files will be replaced by Finnish versions.
- If you are downloading from this site, download into TMP before expanding and copying the changed WAV files into c:\Finnish.
- If you are the person doing the WAV translation, select a WAV file in c:\Finnish,
re-record over it in Finnish, then copy to TMP ready for sending to Robin as a ZIP or LZH file (created with PKZIP.EXE or LHA.EXE).
- Run GPSS.EXE in c:\Finnish and decide which English sounds to change next.
Not a lot more than the Flag icon yet :-)
DOWNLOAD FINNTRAN.EXE (1,905 bytes)